Plan Optimization - Retirement Planning Services
Having a plan is not good enough unless you are taking full advantage of plan designs, features and legislative protection. One of our core retirement planning services provide a Plan Feasibility Assessment (PFA) to determine what degrees of services are being utilized and where improvements and efficiencies can be made.
Below is a sample of services reviewed in the PFA:
- Matching formula review
- Determine if the current matching formula provides for increased participation for both non-HCEs and HCEs. For example, the typical matching formula of 50% on the first 6% should be re-evaluated and alternatives strongly considered.
- Automatic enrollment and escalation evaluation
- Controlled group plan set-up and design alternatives
- Optimum frequency and educational content of employee communications
- The relationship between loan incidence and plan participation
- Optimal enrollment, payroll, loan and distribution processes
- Complying with 404(c) investment guidelines and requirements - there are nearly 20 steps required to comply with this regulation. Many employers fail the most important and basic requirement.
|Getting Results: As a result of our Plan Feasibility Analysis (PFA) from 2010 to 2011, The Agbay Group, based in Troy, Michigan, increased participation for a large non profit company from 52% to 96%. The client also optimized other retirement planning services providing for increased plan savings at the plan and participant levels.|